Monday, May 22, 2006

Feeding the Hungry

Yesterday, Jan and I made good use of an entire loaf of expired bread which we kept frozen for the purpose of feeding the fishes in the lake.

Although there were dozens of people feeding at the same time, I was suprised our loaf went pretty fast. Some people threw the entire slice, leaving the bread floating away to rot later, so I made it a point to pinch the bread into nibble sizes and fling it into the middle of the lake. Boy, were the fish hungry!

Altogether, it was rather therapeutic, just enjoying the evening breeze while watching the fishes and tortoises feeding. In the end, Jan said she was inspired to start buying bread to eat for breakfast so that the slices she can't finish, she'd be able to keep to feed the fish.

As for me, I've got a sore arm from all that throwing. I blame the ache from the rare scrubbing of the bathroom.

2 comments:

MlleMonster said...

Which lake is this? I'd love to feed the fishies too.

jo said...

the lake at my house in klang. you're most welcome to come feed them anytime!