Sunday, May 14, 2006

What's in Your Purse?

Was talking to Jan during dinner just now and she was telling me she just recently played an icebreaker where you are to share something interesting from your purse/wallet. It brought to mind another addition of Stories of My Sister.

Years ago, I inherited a purse used by my sis. It was a nice long brown one and since I was too lazy to go out to get a new one, I thought I'd make use of it. Inside the coin compartment, I found this 2.5" nail. I left it there because it didn't take up much space although it's a strange thing to have in one's purse.

Later, I asked her what it was for and she solemnly told me it was in case she was ever attacked by a pontianak. Her friend apparently told her that all pontianak's have a hole at the back of their skull and when you block the hole with a nail, it will immobolise the ghost.

Of course, she never found out if this is true and I certainly hope none of us ever need to use the nail in this manner.

1 comment:

Grace said...

I carried another nail while I was in Australia. I remember Matt asking me about it and I told him it was for self-defense.