Friday, May 26, 2006

Missing my Baking

For two weeks now, I’ve been hankering on about wanting to knead dough. Called my Mum 400kms away to ask if I can use normal flour instead of bread flour (as I can’t find any retailing) and explained I was going to make sausage buns. Instead, Mum said, “Just go out and buy from Giant lah! So cheap!”

After that incredibly sensible remark, I also thought of the impending doom of trying to wash anything in my kitchen now. We’ve got a blocked pipe for several months now which no one seems to be able to solve, save from blasting through the wall or to hack the floor to get to the piping. I can wash maybe 3 plates and the back will start to flood with black putrid water.

So, forget about my baking. Since I couldn’t scratch my itch of wanting to knead or do something with my hands, I washed the bathroom instead. At least I had a clean bathroom.

No comments: