Thursday, May 25, 2006

It's Not the Computer

Eversince I started work 7 years ago, I've had several personal computers for each job. The first and third one were brand new Dells. This was at my old firm. They both crashed and died on me to the point that the entire hard disk had to be reformatted and thereafter crippled to a shadow of what was once a powerful tool.

The last one I had before I switched jobs was found to have over 500 bugs. The IT guy who helped clean it said he had never seen so many viruses on one PC in his entire career. Bah, he's only a couple of years in the work force then, what does he know?

Still living in denial, this week my office computer crashed. With 5 viruses that had the HP guy shaking his head. My operating system had to be copied from another computer and I lost all my unsaved emails.

Maybe, just maybe, it's not the computers after all. But I'm not admitting to anything just yet.

No comments: