Monday, May 01, 2006

Readings

A couple of months back I went to a warehouse book sale. As I was making my way out, they were throwing away some books at a total bargain, just RM1 for this book which had a nice cover. Yeah, judge a book by it's price, not cover. The Dive from Clausen's Pier by Ann Packer.

I have conflicted feelings about this book. On one hand, I feel horrified of the main character for leaving her fiance even after he broke his neck and is left paralysed and runs to New York. But on the other hand, I symphatise for her. The starting of the book made me feel a little depressed but things are looking up a bit now. Hope to finish it by today.

The other book I'm reading is The Brethren, John Grisham. Yet another John Grisham.

4 comments:

Grace said...

Hey what happed to your Mills and Boon?

jo said...

my m&b? i still have a couple.

haven't read terry pratchett but monster may have read them. fantasy. i've only read artemis fowl (the 3 books) and philip pullman's dark materials (golden compass, subtle knife and amber spyglass - loved it). heard t pratchett's good but no chance to read any yet. why don't u try one if you have the time?

Anonymous said...

Hey I was just about to ask you to read Terry Pratchett's Discworld series - its great :) Marc (me ex:)) introduced his books to me. I've got a few of his books already and love the three witches...At the moment I'm reading Going Postal.

jo said...

he seems very popular. i might try it one day.