Saturday, March 24, 2007

Just Twist

The other day I bought this new shampoo for my scalp. It had a pump which had to be twisted open for the first time. Upon reaching home, I tried to twist it open but it refused and remained stuck. I enlisted KS' help but even he couldn't open it.

Resigned, I left it as that but was determined to get a replacement since it wasn't a cheap shampoo.

Finally, after several days, I went back to the shop to get it replaced. Malaysian shops are notorious for not wanting to make replacements so I was a little worked up. As soon as I got in, I launched into a narrative of how I just bought it from their shop, and I tried and tried to open it like this, and demonstrating how I twisted it. And the darn thing twisted itself open. All this happened in less than 5 seconds.

The salesgirl looked at me as I stopped in mid tirade, then with a quick mutter, "Ah, it's ok now!", I rushed out of the shop in embarrassment as her laughter floated from the shop.

And the darn shampoo doesn't work. It left my hair a mop of oily mess on my second day of using it, until my colleague asked tentatively, "You put extra... conditioner on your hair today?"

Babi.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

This is real funny!! So what's the brand of the shampoo? I shall look out for it. By the way, Himalaya is quite a good one to try. The other one is Vatika - only sold in Indian shops in Brickfields.

jo said...

it's by the brand total health concept. very difficult to find. but it's because i know the owner of the company and since he's so famous here in malaysia, i thought i'd give it a try. it's REALLY oily.

i now wash my hair with normal shampoo first then only use this one. at least it's less oily this way but it sure takes a long time for me to wash my hair these days.