Thursday, March 02, 2006

Uninspired Random Grouses

I know I haven’t been updating my blog for what seems ages but it’s been a totally uninspiring time. There have been a few stolen attempts at starting an entry but it is left uncompleted even before it reaches the second paragraph, and then it is scrapped.

Firstly, the petrol prices have gone up again by almost 20% and for us who travel 60km one way everyday to work, this figure isn’t something we can easily swallow. Of course this has also led to hawkers increasing their prices and we’ll soon see a spiraling inflation. Quite a few of my friends have had a measly increment of less than 3%. So in effect, we are actually now earning less than last year.

Then, it’s just been a trying time at work with bosses putting on the stress and frantically trying to grasp the basics (or so I perceive) of the operations of the industry. I think it’s a phase though because almost everyone I meet these days seem to tell me that they are looking for a new job or that they are most unhappy of where they are right now. The Rat Depression seems to be cast upon our community. We are all getting tired of running in the rat race.

Thirdly, I have been unsuccessfully trying to overcome my increasing dislike for Leech and it’s not easy avoiding someone who’s circumstances have put this person so closely within our orbit.

Today there’s news about a lorry carrying fresh squid which overturned due to an accident along the highway. Other drivers took the opportunity to loot the squid by stopping their cars along the highway and rushing to grab as much as they can. This caused a jam of 5km long. Did they realize that the driver died in that accident? Would they have cared?

Last Sunday, there was a surprising flash flood in Shah Alam. We happened to drive past the area and was really shocked to see the traces of how high the waters had reached even to the highway. Again, I have this morbid fascination with water and it was really quite a sight to behold. The victims of the flood had a really tough time after that as the flood had damaged all their vehicles and homes. They didn’t have time to react as the waters started rising at 3am.

The bright spot about the whole fortnight is that the new computer is simply great. I love my flat panel and it’s much larger than what I’m normally used to. Of course, there was heavy usage of it for the Sims 2 (but I’m winding down pretty quickly on that already) and now am glad I can blog just before I sleep.

Good night. Tomorrow I go up to Genting with KS to celebrate our belated 1st anniversary.

No comments: