Monday, March 27, 2006

V

Verily I say, vanquish that vermin out of my vision!

Watched V for Vendetta and came home to a gigantic cockroach just outside the spare room door.

Man, I've never noticed how articulate Hugo Weaving is but he was really excellent in this role. His face was never shown (thank goodness, because I've never thought of him other than his role in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert with his famous quote of "A cock on a rock in a frock", even after he did Matrix). In this movie, he wore a Guy Fawkes mask throughout and makes you notice other things like his speech and non-verbal communication instead of his face. Great physique too. I also noticed the physique of the Phantom in the Phantom of the Opera, the tv series. I guess the masks leaves me to appreciate other areas of attractiveness.

But, I am rambling. It's a good movie and I enjoyed it because I didn't have any expectations since I didn't know what the movie was all about. The fighting styles and storyline reminded me a lot of Equilibrium, another good movie to watch. Most of all, I loved the script with it's eloquent vocabulary, especially of his first conversation with Natalie Portman, packed with words beginning with "V".

No comments: