Saturday, June 17, 2006

Cockroach Mating Season

That's the only conclusion I can come up with for finding 10 cockroaches in the kitchen and upstairs guest bathroom in 3 days. The first two had found me by surprise as I was quietly sitting down in the hall, sorting through some old clothes when one came running towards me. I screamed the whole neighbourhood down at nearly midnight and threw some clothes at it. Yeah right, it continued running as though the baju didn't even touch it.

And because I was sitting crossed legged, I used my left hand to lift my body up but then thought the roach would climb up my hand. So in panic, I was doing a sort of half push up while screaming. It had a mate that was flying all around too.

Every day is like a war and I send my beloved male to the battlefield (aka the kitchen), armed with spray and a bottle of dishwasher liquid.

When we got to Melaka, I thought there would be peace. But NO! I still had to encounter one that was running about in our room. Of course, my shriek deployed KS and his Mum to my rescue.

So that makes it 11 roaches in 4 days. Oh, why can't we live in NZ where the roaches don't fly?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and I wonder why cockroaches have a habit of running/flying towards humans....so gross!! In Melbourne I have seen cockroaches get bigger in size each year - I reckon they are adapting to the cold and becoming stronger with each generation ..ugh. Very soon I reckon they'll sprout wings and learn to fly. I've got the best cockroach spray by mortein - specially made to kill cockroaches! I wonder if they sell that in Malaysia.. it smells like oranges and that smell is meant to bring out cockroaches from their hiding places and when they get in contact with the poison they die - they die like within 10 seconds of getting in contact with the spray! So quick and good :)

jo said...

gee, i'd like one of those! we washed a cockroach with our laundry this morning. found it's bits and pieces all over my clothes and found the main chunk of it with it's legs tangled onto the holed metal sides. gross.

Anonymous said...

Yeah right. Mine was different. I killed 6+5+4 cockroaches in 3 days! in fact, I had to run in the nearest supermarket wearing only old house dress and not being able to comb my hair just to but that insect killer.

jo said...

They have multiplied even more and are now poised to take over the world!