Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Joy Is...

...waking up to the aroma of freshly baked bread.

My mum-in-law got us a bread maker. Prior to this, I've tasted home-made bread from a bread maker and it didn't taste like something I'd like to have. The bread I tasted was tough and it was full of good stuff like wholemeal flour, some kind of nuts and oats.

So at first I was apprehensive in receiving something I wouldn't be making full use of but after Mum-in-law showed how easy it was, I was willing to give it a try, even if the first one we tried failed.

Sunday night I put all the ingredients as carefully as I could, in a matter of less than 10 mins and set it on the timer. The aroma is really something. Tonight is round 2.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Once I get a hang of this, I'll venture into more varients. Allrecipes.com has quite a fair number of bread machine recipes although once I minus out oats, raisins or any other too healthy ingredients, I will be left with little choice.

But do you know how difficult it is to get bread flour here? I probably need to visit a specialty baking shop and get like 5 kgs of bread flour.

No comments: