Thursday, July 27, 2006

Muffin?

Almost a decade ago, when I was faintly interested and, ok I admit, furiously flirting with KS in uni before he finally decided to ask me out, we went for a trip to the north of Auckland, Paihia with a bunch of friends. On the way back, I was sitting at the passenger's seat and KS was driving. I bought some muffins and since it was a long way home, I offered a pinch to him and tried to feed him since he was driving. He shot a glance to our friend Kenneth who was sitting at the back and resisted but at my insistence, he took the bite gingerly.

We were recalling that incident this evening and he says it was a very suggestive gesture. If I were to feed anyone else like that now, he would be very upset. I have a different opinion that I would feed anyone if they are driving too or if their hands were full. Of course, it would be a different thing if we were at a dinner table since the person would be perfectly capable of feeding himself. Hmm... just thought it was an interesting difference in opinion. But if it upsets him, I guess I won't do it again.

5 comments:

Grace said...

eee-yer! I never knew you were so hiau and gatal wan! Geli lah!

jo said...

now only you know ah? i can do better, ok?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I guess for him it's suggestive. I am always feeding the driver (girl or guy) when I am in the passenger seat because Ontario is so big. It always takes a couple of hours to get to cottage country and no one really likes to stop. I'd rather feed them then have them feed themselves....

Anonymous said...

haha I'd feed my next driver a banana hahahaha

jo said...

thanks karen! doesn't make me feel like i'm a weirdo for doing that.

yeah ron, and tell me what happens next. on second thots, i don't think i want to know, thanks.