Thursday, July 13, 2006

Unexpected Find

I finished a meeting earlier than expected today so I had time to kill before KS picked me up. Since I was in Damansara Jaya, I popped over to Atria and started walking around. To my delight, there was a book clearance sale so I decided to just "have a look".

There are so many Terry Practhett books, all going for RM10 but the one that broke my spend control was The Time Traveller's Wife! It was going for RM10 too and since I've read great reviews on it from 3 different bloggers, RM10 is pretty worth it to check it out!

Only thing that got me disappointed was finding Ptolemy's Gate selling at RM12. The book cover shouted "Monster's kind of book!" since it had to do with demons and death, so I called to verify. She highly recommended it and it was a good deal for what I thought was a trilogy. Read the first chapter on the spot and sort of liked the read. But turns out it was Part III (Part II was selling for RM10) and I couldn't find Part I. So I didn't get it. Oh well, let me borrow and find more books from the book rental place.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow the books are so bloody cheap there! I must buy terry pratchett books when Im there next

Anonymous said...

I was just going to ask where books are so bloody cheap there! LOL. My "time traveller's wife" was CDN22 + 15% tax. Oh, when you're reading that, go by the wive's timeline and not his, as he is the time traveller. I got so confused until I figured that out.

Grace said...

Who the heck is terry thepratshit and why is his wife time travelling?

jo said...

yeah, i'm actually very pleased to have ventured into that place since i was there by accident!

there were too many terry pratchetts to decide one on. ron, i doubt if you'll get them at that price unless it's on sale like now. tell me and i'll get it tomorrow if you want. that is, if the sale is still on.

karen, there were TONS of the time traveller's wife! guess people here don't really experiment with new authors. have just started reading it. thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

the titles Im looking for are :-
the colour of magic, the light fantastic, mort, men at arms,reaper man, the fifth elephant and guards guards!