Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Batman Begins

"No handphones, cameras or any recording device allowed into the halls" barked the announcer at last night's special Batman Begins preview. There were well over a thousand people at Mid Valley and I was amongst the throng, squeezing into the crowd to queue for inspection before being allowed into the hall. Metal detectors were used, our bags pried open for careful scrutiny much to my embarrassment since I then discovered I had credit card slips crumpled and stuffed in various corners of my handbag.

Then after the ordeal of being checked, two guards marched up to the top of the cinema and stationed there for the entire time the movie, walking up and down the aisle to check if we were recording the movie. Wow! Talk about tight security!

Anyways, the movie was great. I enjoyed it since I didn't have any expectations. Christian Bale was quite good in his role and I liked Liam Neeson, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman in theirs too. Then there is this kinda new actor called Cillian Murphy, pretty boy but which makes him look a little crazed.

However, upon asking KS what he thought of it, he said "Total waste of my time!". He had been following the development of this movie and had expected to more. Oh well, one man's meat...

No comments: