Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Reality Bites

Lately I have encountered a couple of guys who are chasing money and their career ladders. Already I am told they earn quite a fair bit, like almost 5 times my salary supposedly and yet they hunger and thirst for more then dolefully say, "But if I take on the new job, that will mean less time for the family".

I was really upset about this. Already it is difficult to raise children in this environment and already, the effect of an absent father is apparent in most societies yet here we are, going in the same direction and pouring our souls into a company that will replace you with a snap of a finger should you die while in service. Look, if you say your priority is in your family, then your actions MUST mirror what you say.

Sigh. They need to realise that the family unit is the core of a nation and if we don't build this foundation right, what is to become of our furture nation?

No comments: