Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Fishing

I don't know why but I've had the urge to go fishing lately, much to my husband's surprise and dismay since he has no interest whatsoever.

The thought of being able to fish for your meal and having it fresh seems to appeal to me. Also, I'd be able to quietly read a book while waiting for the bite. Of course, I certainly wouldn't know if I'd be able to sit in the shade while doing so, or will it be so hot that I'd simply want to rush to the nearest air cond room.

My colleague who goes fishing regularly tells me there are several places to do so in Klang. Her family of 2 girls would also fish and in between they'd be busy colouring books or having a picnic. She has mentioned of this place in PD which I think sounds pretty good, called B'Tish, sort of a hotel/resort/apartment where she went last weekend and her kids didn't have their fishing rods so they simply used a piece of branch with strings attached and voila! Big fish too! Apparently someone there caught a stingray and promptly bbq-ed it. Lovely.

Perhaps at this point I'm merely curious but it's something I'd want to do before I die, amongst my growing list.

No comments: