Monday, June 13, 2005

A Unique Wedding

On Saturday we attended KS's colleague's wedding at a very strange hour, from 5 to 7pm. It was held at the roof of a building, beside the pool and bar. A most unusual wedding, I must say but it was certainly different from any others that I've been to.

For once, I felt what I wore suited the occasion as I had on a spaghetti strap knee length dress which was cooling enough for the heat (although I still perspired until my seat was wet). The food was good too as I had been longing for roti jala for some time now. A fusion of spicy lobster, smoked fish aka sashimi style, spaghetti, fried koay teow, prawn salad, lamb slices...

The place was mulling with celebrities, if only I could point them out. The movers and shakers of the writing world on this side of the nation were also there, again, if only I knew who they were. Just loads of people but we mananged to find KS's colleagues to hang out with, which was pretty cool.

The bride looked really good, as she's quite hippy in her sense of dressing. Her hair was worn long with a gorgeous flower tucked behind her ear, perfectly matching her orange sequined dress and flowy skirt. Very bold.

Alas, I couldn't figure out which one the groom was until KS pointed out to me as the one standing beside her. He was dressed in a white shirt and black pants and blended in with the hordes of people who wore the same. A simple man with few spoken words. What a perfect match!

All in all, it was a great wedding, something I won't forget in a long time.

No comments: