Friday, June 17, 2005

My Forte

We bought some furniture from Ikea over the weekend and have them in boxes downstairs. I've been slowly fixing them up from the box and it excites me just to be able to fix them up in a jiffy.

I've always had an interest in fixing simple things up and always have fixed up tables and what not even though there are guys around. Stand aside boys, I'm having fun!

KS and I often joke that we have such diverse roles, I like to do the guys stuff around the house while he's more domesticated. Like last weekend, I had to clear away the dead rat we caught (oh yeah, I forgot to mention we caugth Mr. Rat at last! Just hoping that is the only Mr. Rat around) while he was ironing upstairs. So I'm the one who would want to hammer up new mirrors, fix a leaking pipe while he will cook and do the laundry. It feels strange but it works for us.

No comments: