Monday, June 20, 2005

Hijau Kuning

This was way back in Sunway College during my less cool days. Fitting in perfectly with the nerds, I often proved my worthiness to this club.

This instance was merely a few months when I joined the Australian Matriculation. These 2 Indian dudes in my class who looked like hommies always sat in front and often peppered the class with jokes.

One day, he wore a football jersey in yellow and green and I excitedly went up to him and said, "Wah! You're a fan of Kedah ah?" I still remember his look of bewilderment and his "Huh?!" which I responded by pointing to his shirt, saying proudly "Hijau kuning mah!" (colours of Kedah).

He looked ready to cry as his face contorted into an anguished torture, "THIS is an original Manchester United jersey!" he bellowed.

I never saw him wearing it again.

No comments: