Monday, June 06, 2005

Fish Curry

Last Saturday, KS and I decided to stay home and "clean" up the house. I tackled the portion filled with my stuff from PJ (yup, it's still lying there in the living room) while he cleared the spare room to the store room and kitchen.

Quietly passing time, I sifted through all my old stuff, pausing to read cards, look at photos when suddenly there was a yell from the kitchen. Hurriedly getting up, I shouted back "What?!" when it hit me, the waft of the most putrid gas I'd ever inhaled.

Stunned for half a second, I rushed in to see KS gagging while holding a large pot over the sink. I looked at the pot and knew just what it was.

You see, two (2) weeks ago, my sis came over and cooked fish curry in that pot.

We often leave pots on the stove after cleaning them so it wasn't out of place and neither did it stink. We had to take it out to the garden in the open air, pour the contents into a plastic bag and filled the pot with water. The maggots frantically jumped around trying to escape but they somehow drowned in the end. The pot cover was also crawling with them with this strange tomato-like seeds stuck on the cover. The water just wouldn't flush it away.

We won't be eating fish curry anytime soon.

No comments: