Monday, June 13, 2005

Spotless!

Yesterday the two cleaning ladies came 15 mins before the appointed time at 9am and I was still in bed. The moment KS noticed they were there at the gate, I groaned and pulled myself off the bed and cleaned the pile of reading materials beside each side of the bed. Yup, I was experiencing cleaning-before-the-cleaning-lady-comes.

They gasped at my collection of dust and fallen hair which carpeted the rooms and I weakly defended it was "because of the neighbour who was still under renovation". They'd know the true story by next week coz not that much dust can accumulate if I had been cleaning. But hey, like KS says, if we could clean the house up once a week on our own, we wouldn't have hired them, would we?

So after a few bouts of clucking in disbelief "Very dusty ah...", I squirmed my way downstairs while they tackled upstairs. I say tackled meaning they really put full force in cleaning up the place in a jiffy. Voila! In mere two hours, they had swept, mopped, dusted, cleaned all bathrooms everywhere. Our feet loved the smooth surface without having to go to the bathroom to wash off the blackness every half hour.

I commented how lovely it was to go to bed without wending my way through the various pathways our reading materials had lined. Climbing onto the bed, I picked up the newspapers and promptly dropped it to my side of the bed. KS just shook his head and sighed.

No comments: