Saturday, April 14, 2007

Fashion Show at 1 Utama

Went to my first fashion show and it was great! I usually am not interested in fashion shows but because it was organised by a shopping mall, I reckoned the clothes would be available there at the mall itself. And therefore, wearable.

There were still clothes which were still not really wearable but there were a couple which looked pretty good. I might go visit the shops to take a closer look (at the price tag, more like it!). Met a guy who is a designer of one of the clothes line that was being paraded. He was dropping names like Zang Toi, Bernard Chandran and Bill Keith as his buddies. But other than that, he was friendly and provided some distraction for the otherwise boring pre-show.

Since my colleagues weren't keen to go, I dragged Jan along. She was drooling over one of the models, a Caucasian sporting a five o'clock shadow. We were rubbing shoulders with the local celebrities although I could only spot one. And the emcee was a Channel [V] VJ, Dom. He's cute. The crowd wasn't very responsive, though.

Oh, and when I was asked which company I was representing, I automatically said my ex company's name. Sigh, despite being away for more than 1.5 years, my old company's DNA is still found within me.

All in all, we had a pretty good time although I may not like to attend them too frequently.

No comments: