Friday, March 25, 2005

Men!

Last night I had a good long chat with my pregnant friend. I asked her how did this happen since it was unplanned (we've been worried as we ourselves are NOT ready for a kid) and her answer shocked me. They didn't use any protection because the husband wanted a kid even though she was not ready! And when she broke down sobbing when she learnt of the news, he asked her if it were tears of joy! MEN!

It is utterly selfish for one person to want a child and take risks when the other person is not ready. And the reason why she called me? 'Twas because he was out with the boys, leaving her at home and she felt a bit lonely. MEN! KS apologised on behalf of all men to me after I ranted this out to him.

But of course, she has psyched herself to slowly enjoy her pregnancy. I suppose that's the only thing to do now but it's not a position I'd prefer to be in right now. My heart goes out to her but really hope her joy will emanate from within her and not from her mind telling her.

No comments: