Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Privileged

There are two things that I have experienced in my life so far that I keep thinking back and really feel extremely privileged to have had the opportunity to do them:

1. I've spent a night on a yacht in Singapore. My ex-room mate in college invited me to stay at her home in Singapore and her family took me out onto their yacht where we spent the night on the waters off Singapore. It's hard work having a yacht, as you need to keep it sparkling clean at all times (I wonder why they paint it white then).

2. The first time I sat on a Boeing 777 was on my way back from New Zealand after my graduation. My friend's father was the pilot and my dad and I were bumped up to business class for the 10 hour flight. This was the first time I would see KLIA and oh, the way I saw it was amazing. As they were making their descent, I was invited by my friend's dad together with my friend to sit in the jump seats right behind the pilots. We were flying past Melaka then and there was a flurry of instructions and flicking of switches as the two pilots prepared for landing. Wow. KLIA will never look as spectacular from the side windows.

No comments: