Monday, March 07, 2005

Scary

When I hear how people plan their entire life, it kind of scares me. It's like, ok, by the time I'm 30, I must be married with one kid. And at the age of 28, he went out to "propose" to potential mate #1 out of 3, "Hey, I've saved up enough money and I'm interested in you. Do you want to be my wife?". She's shocked, of course but eventually is won over and they get married.

Then at 30, he wants his kid, right? And she says no, she's not keen to have a kid. And he starts thinking twice about this wife. She doesn't fit into his plans, man! Gee... which is why I'm glad my church has this Pre-Marital Counselling course. We discuss these sort of things first before we tie the knot! But I'm still a bit stunned that someone can be so inflexible in their persuit of their family goals. Personal goals, no problem, they're your own, but family goals involve 2 people and both have to be in agreement, especially when it comes to kids.

Back to the story, all is fine and dandy, they have a kid now which he adores. So, this is a happily ever after.... for the time being.

No comments: