Saturday, March 19, 2005

Pregnant!

No, not me but one of my good friends. We got hitched ie got our boyfriends at the same time and also tied the knot almost at the same time too (her's was last Nov). She sent me an sms yesterday to say she's pregnant, although they had planned to wait a year after they were married.

Now, the strangest feeling of all... I don't feel super happy. I mean, my mind says "Oh wow! She's gonna have a baby!" but on the other hand, I feel suddenly pressured. No, I am NOT going to get pregnant just because she is! It just made me realise how unprepared I am for motherhood and my hubby feels the same. I wonder when the "mother hen" feeling will pop up for us.

Perhaps I'm also a little concerned for her since she seems to be in financial cycles, one minute she's absolutely broke the next they are ok. I suppose it's not fair for me to judge since they both are working a business which does not bring in a fixed income for them both. Anyway, if God looks after the sparrows...

No comments: