Thursday, March 24, 2005

Pre-printed Cards

Yet another instance where I'd like to bury my head in the sand like an ostrich. My thank you notes for those who attended my wedding have been printed with a small portion of it having a pre-printed message. I didn't feel comfortable using it as all we wrote on the card for most people are just their names at the top. It did save us a lot of time (it's coming to a month and yet we're still writing to those who didn't turn up to thank them) so I went ahead with it and gave it to many people.

Then today I google on how to say a proper thank you to my director who didn't turn up and the first thing on their Don't list is NOT TO SEND PRE-PRINTED CARDS! I feel really terrible now as yes, the cards are "cold" and "mass", not signifying a warm thank you in appreciation for their gift. *sigh*

Well, what's done is done. I'll just write from now on even if the message is the same.

No comments: