Monday, April 11, 2005

Another cake

Since I had all my butter cake ingredients available, I decided to make another one for our own consumption on Saturday morning with the help of my sister. She's really great when it comes to helping out when I make cakes.

Anyway, just as I was slicing through the moist cake, mum-in-law calls, "Since it's grandma's 80th birthday this weekend, would you mind baking your butter cake since she loves it? And I know you don't do icing so that's also a plus point since she's diabetic." I just laughed and told her I had just only made one and it wouldn't be a problem to make another on Friday night.

So there you go. Two cake requests in 2 weeks. I'm enjoying this. However, I itch to go beyond the butter cake and go for carrot cake or hot cross buns or layer cake. Now, layer cake is something else since I just got hold of Mum's absolute secret recipe which is to die for.

No comments: