Monday, April 18, 2005

Recharged

I think God reads blogs too. Right after feeling so drained on Friday, I went to Ipoh on Saturday and had a relaxing time spent with the in-laws. Then that night, I was informed that someone whom we had been following up as a CG had just accepted Christ!

Looking back, I realised I didn't even publish a draft about any of it as I failed to see the significance of God's intricate plan.

First it was the easter gathering some fellow Christian colleagues wanted to put together. I was roped in and volunteered to do the ice breaker. During the process of organising this, many of us got a bit disheartened that some couldn't make it, or that no one wanted to take charge of the event etc.

Finally, this took place on a Thursday, 14 April 05. This person L, attended it much to my surprise as I knew he wasn't a Christian. Welcoming him anyway, the whole thing went on until 7:15pm. As I was walking out with my fellow CG member S, we had to do a bit of an exchange of crepe paper as part of decorations for our CG's Community Outreach programme that very Sunday. L, who had walked out of the gate had somehow turned back and saw the colourful paper and asked us what that was for. We explained to him and invited him to join us in this project which he agreed to! At first I didn't believe him but encouraged him to come.

In the end, he came, had a good time and clicked very well with the rest of the CG. Right after the whole children's party, another CG member announced she needed help for the following Saturday's decoration and L volunteered to come the night before to help.

Again, keeping to his word, he turned up and helped them decorate the place. The next day he again turned up for the children's Easter party and at the end of the day, he accepted Christ! S was stunned and thought he was joking but he looked serious.

So all our efforts were not in vain at all! All the squabbles, the lack of faith of what we were doing all came to fruit! And how! Praise the Lord!

No comments: