Thursday, April 07, 2005

Growth Journal

My church introduced this Growth Journal for us to jot down our thoughts and interpretation of our daily scripture and for the first half the month of January, I was vehemently writing it down on a daily basis. It was a really good way to mull over what you've just read rather than just to read what other people thought about it.

Anyway, my excuse for a "break" was due to the wedding. All that preparation and I couldn't do anything else, somewhat. Yeah yeah...

Time flies you know? And I haven't touched it since. Perhaps it is because of that journaling which is what prompted me to blog. I have this need to express what I've encountered, even though it's insignificant.

The reason for this reminise of the Growth Journal is because on Saturday at church, we had a guest speaker Jebakumar whose message was simple but very powerful. He mentioned the different stages of a Christian's growth, from a "ha ha ha" baby to a wait for instructions teenager to an adult who doesn't need to be told but knows the father's heart. The most powerful line was "We are given life to the full. Life means growth like a baby plant, that will grow with nurturing". Now, how can my spirit grow since I'm not nurturing it with my daily walk with the Lord? So I've started just a bit every night, no matter how tired, just to read. Haven't mustered enough energy to take up my journaling again but I hope to do it soon.

But then, I'm going NZ in 2 weeks....

No comments: