Monday, April 04, 2005

Arrogance

On Saturday, Dad and Jan followed me to look at cars. We stopped by the Toyota showroom first and test drove the Vios. After testing out the Waja and the Gen 2, I fell instantly in love with the Vios because of it's responsiveness and also because when I signalled, my wipers didn't go off - Waja and Gen 2 have their indicators on the left which I'm not used to.

After speaking to the sales guy and getting more information, we then headed to the Chevrolet showroom. I've sat in my friend's Optra and it was a luxurious feel with a total silence when driving so I looked forward to test driving it. Wehn we got there, the sales guy asked me what cars I have already test driven so I told him and he arrogantly said, "Let's go test drive the Optra, this will be a confirmed sale, the rest cannot compare to this". It was not as responsive as the Vios and I had difficulty in engaging the gear as it had a strange zig zag design. And of course the wipers came on when I came to the first corner. I was trying to enjoy the silence of the car but he kept talking to my dad. In the end, he asked me what I was looking for in a car and I couldn't think of any besides fitting our budget, which the Optra had alread burst. Jan said she preferred Vios immediately mounting off the Optra so she was disinterested in the rest of the conversation.

Perhaps if he had been more humble, I would have seriously considered the Optra. Now I'm biased towards the Vios. What is it you want? Yeah...

No comments: