Sunday, April 03, 2005

Electrocuted

Promising myself to practise baking this weekend, I ventured into opening my wedding gift of a brand new Kitchen Aid. Excitedly fixing it up, I got all my ingredients ready and started dumping the first part of the recipe into the mixing bowl when I got a slight jolt from the metal bowl. Frowning, I touched it again just to make sure it was electricity.

Since I desperately needed to practise, I shrugged it off and throughout the mixing, I was electrocuted when my metal spoon tapped the bowl. Somehow, after much maneuvering, the mixture was completed and I started to pour it into the prepared tin.

As I was scraping the bowl, I noticed the mixture had a strange grey tinge and looked carefully at it - there were metal shreds in it! Then I realised the mixer had been scraping the bottom and sides of my mixing bowl. Howl! My new mixing bowl! The manual said they have it perfectly adjusted at the factory so I left it as it was. How was I to know what is considered too low that it should scrape the bottom??

To the naked eye, you can't see the scrapes but I KNOW it's there and I can feel the scratched texture each time my fingers dip in to inadvertently touch it.

So there goes the inauguration of my precious Kitchen Aid. And there goes my practise for my Wednesday baking plan for my boss' birthday.

No comments: