Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Back from Kampung

It was a great and fun time back home in Alor Star and now I'm back to the grindstone. One thing that made me realise hanging out with the two kids is that you need 2 adults per kid to take shifts looking after them. Boy, I was frequently wiped out of all energy just taking an afternoon to play with them at a play park.

We also bid farewell to some friends who are leaving Malaysia for good. I'm sure they must be really sad to leave so many friends that they have made here but also glad to look forward to being closer to their grandchildren.

Throughout the whole 3 days there, Mum also cooked loads of great food. Just seeing her almost effortlessly whip up huge meals made me wish I had the interest in cooking as much as I do baking. Oh, we baked 2 cakes on Sunday too and again, the speed of things that my Mum does it makes me realise I've been taking waaay too long to make one simple cake. Ah, never mind, I've got another butter cake request this Friday so I'll try my Mum's half hour timing to complete mixing one cake.

It's also not fun to be back at work. The usual, "I want this by tomorrow morning on my desk" requests gets at me the minute I step in. Sigh...

No comments: