Friday, September 16, 2005

Church Building

Last week we talked about our thoughts about the new church building. We sure had a lot of different ideas and points of view although they were not all contradicting.

What struck me was how 2000 over people who attend the church will have such different expectations. Just from the few of us that night, we had varying thoughts about how it would look like. I'm sure many will be left disappointed when the time comes to reveal the building.

Jan had the most sensible comment, that the building itself is a dilapitated shed but people would refer/recommend it just like how we Malaysians would normally recommend a good place for say, laksa. What's important is what goes on in it, not of what the building would finally look like.

As another CG member said, the money bit is not important but who will be the ones to contribute their time and effort to run it once it is up.

All very well said. There was a brochure printed earlier this year on how the Dream Centre would look like but I didn't scrutinize it, which I am glad I didn't because it would then set expectations.

Of course, giving to the building fund until I live in debt is not the whole idea of giving. That's just downright d'uh.
I just wish I could spare more than what I have right now. I suppose giving loads of cash isn't the role I'm to play in this building.

No comments: