Monday, September 19, 2005

Boiling Monday

My department has 2 fax machines to be used for customers to fax in their orders and basically for our own use. Previously, this now ex-colleage of mine refused to let people use the fax and we used to make fun of her, saying she was too rigid. After all, this is company property and those who wanted to use it didn't really abuse it for personal faxes.

So now that my colleague is gone, it's now free for all to use and we get people from the IT department to use amongst others. Now the problem is, the companies that they fax to use the fax number (found at the top of our fax to them) and junk us with quotations and promotions. Dell used to send us one every week and the pile slowly became a hill. I had to send them a fax to ask them to remove that fax number from their list. When they didn't, I had to call them up and give them a slightly difficult time.

Anyways, today, there was this tremendously long fax, about past 15 pages of a quotation from this IT shop in Sungai Wang. The fax got stuck at page 4 and repeated it for the next 13 pages in a continuous form. It sure ran our fax paper out. Talk about wastage!

So I called up the guy who faxed it in, a Mr Khoo and asked him where he got the fax number from. He was absolutely rude, "Fax number can get from anywhere wat. SO? So now, what you want to do?!". By then my temper had risen, "Don't fax to this number again!" I bellowed. I asked who he is dealing with in my company but he just kept quiet for half a minute and then hung up on me.

Immediately I hit the redial button, "Eh! What you want now? So? Talk lah, talk. Say lah..You don't want to get any faxes, you disconnect the fax lah!" and he kept quiet again while I asked him again who he was dealing with. In the end, I just ended it with an empty threat, "Your shop is in Sungai Wang right, I'll come look for you" and proceeded to slam down the phone.

My colleagues immediately surrounded me to calm me down. So funny. I'm thinking of faxing him back his long fax but that will only create more loss of paper plus the fact that we'll have to pay for the faxing. Grrr...

By the way, the name of the shop is SK Systems, Lot T014 Sg Wang Plaza H/P number 016 392 6012, fixed line 03 9101 2175 fax 03 9102 4269.

No comments: