Friday, September 23, 2005

Thursday Breakdowns

Last Thursday, Jan called me up at nearly 6pm and her first words were:

"Jo, I'm in deep shit"

Her car had suddenly overheated but she was at a petrol station so she wasn't blocking anyone. I made my way there and reached her in an hour, after the AAM had temporarily solved her problem long enough for her to drive back home.

Yesterday, I was about to sleep when suddenly, I got a call from KS. HIS car broke down along the very same highway but right after hitting the toll. His car had successfully inched right after the bar came down, which was fortunate otherwise the bar would have caused some damage. Luckily it was late, nearly midnight, and there weren't many cars and no one was stuck behind him. AAM came to his rescue and now he's fixing the problem at our mechanic.

I won't call myself superstitious but come next Thursday, I ain't gonna drive.

No comments: