Friday, September 09, 2005

Swear Words

A couple of weeks ago, the radio station was asking listeners to share what alternate swear words they use and it got me thinking of mine too.

The most unusual one was one my friends and I coined in Form 4, during the History class. History, being one of my least favourite subjects, was always a dull period and we would often chat at the back of the class, much to the bane of my teacher! Anyways, she came to the subject of old cities and mentioned "Baluchistan" and because it sounded like a swear word to us, we pounced on it and gleefully peppered our conversations thereafter with it, stressing on the first two syllables.

I haven't used that word in ages but it still makes me smile to remember those good ol' days. I'm sure my history teacher won't share such fond memories though.

No comments: