Monday, October 24, 2005

Brains Wrung Dry

It was a weekend that is best described by KS:

"I feel like the top of my skull was carved open, my brains taken out, spun around and placed back again."

It was an intensive weekend of planning for the youth ministry in my church where KS is serving and I tagged along. Right from Friday night, we shot to a Sepang hotel to get holed up for the entire weekend just squeezing out brains out. I was the only one who wasn't serving in this ministry and had to work doubly hard in firstly understanding what the discussions were about and then digesting it before trying to come up with suggestions.

On Sunday, I was so tired and stressed when it suddenly occured to me that, Hey! Why am I getting so stressed over all the planning when I'm only HELPING, for cryin' out loud! So then I decided to join the Pastor's wife who was looking after their kids and watched Barbie's Swan Lake.

But it was a good time of understanding on what the church's youth culture is like and the dedication and commitment these leaders have behind it. To be honest, I'd be scared stiff to join them as it is intense and has a very high level of commitment. Makes me take a look at my own ministry and realise that gee, WHAT have I put into my own CG?

No comments: