Friday, October 21, 2005

Studio Ghibli

I borrowed a 10 VCD set from a friend all from the Ghibli Studio. I first heard of him after watching Spirited Away. If you haven't watched it, go watch it. The first time I did, it was strange and I didn't enjoy it as much. After a couple of weeks, we got our hands on the DVD and watched it again. I'm now hooked.

This 10 boxed set movie is a collection of his old cartoons. Famous ones are Princess Mononoke and Totoro. Most of them make you feel very weird and gloomy and to a certain extent, depressing. Particularly the Tombstone of the Fireflies. That is so SAD!

The soundtrack for each movie has a unique strain of hauntingly beautiful melodies. Perfect for that stare-out-of-the-window-when-it-is-raining minutes.

KS and I were excitedly talking about it just before lunch and I urged him to go get the soundtrack at lunch. Oh, why can't the day go a bit faster today??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally love stuff by that guy. It was one of my x-mas presents last year.....