Monday, October 03, 2005

Wildfire

I’ve become an instant star in my company. Everyone’s talking, from the cleaning lady to those on the factory floor to the IT Department to Finance. Whispers of “she’s leaving” is blazing through the grapevines faster that I can blink.

It feels weird. It will be a really sad day for me when I leave. My uncomfortable comfort zone, the only organisation I ever knew since I shuffled out of uni, my hand print on the wall proclaiming my 5 years here, almost every nook and corner I have stepped in, almost every “secret” that outside people doesn’t know, the directors whom have been very kind to me (because I don’t report directly to them so we don’t give each other any grief!)…

But back to the spead of the news, I'm suitably impressed and bewildered. My staff mentioned about the time when my colleague left for a month holiday, rumours going around the factory staff was that she eloped! And these are people whom we hardly have contact with too!

I wonder where these news/rumours leak from.

No comments: