Friday, October 28, 2005

Spared!

My generous relatives have decided not to risk their health by eating a meal prepared by me and have decided to come for tea instead. Ah, THAT one I can handle.

So in the meantime, I've invited more relatives for lunch on the same day so that I don't have to cook just for one aunt! Hahahaha... I'm trying to kill myself.

Speaking about killing myself, I've baked 4 cakes in 48 hours with work in between and CG on Wednesday which ended at nearly midnight. Last night's cake said it plain and clear, "You're no spring chicken and you can't take this stress". As I was washing up while waiting for it to bake, I buckled over the sink as a dizzying spell hit me. I tried sitting with my head between my knees but nothing worked as the room span crazily. In the end, I was reduced to a crumpled heap on the bed, attempting to shut my brains from the spinning sensation and intructing my lungs to "Breathe in, breathe out" otherwise I would have forgotten.

Well, ok, I won't blame the cakes for this. It's more likely the stress from the weekend without resting and the thought of having to handover for my last month here while dreading the new job with working Saturdays and a much faster pace. I was talking to my future colleague (I'm not sure he knows I'm joining them) and casually asked him how many projects he was currently handling. He offhandedly said, "Oh, 20 at the moment". I nearly dropped from my chair. I have 3 projects and I'm struggling. Oh well, maybe they're 20 itsy-bitsy projects. Yeah right.

***************

Just found out that I'm having low blood pressure which is why I'm feeling dizzy. Need to eat more salt. Tau ewe, here I come!

No comments: