Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bubur Lambuk - Finally!

My colleague was kind enough to grab me a pack from THE original Kampung Baru Mosque Bubur Lambuk. It smelt absolutely delicious and by the time I got home to reheat it, I was really looking forward to having my first spoonful.

There were weird things in it which made each spoonful suspicious. Since I couldn't tell what they were, I spent a few moments sifting through each scoop. It smelt of sup kambing as I guess it used the same spices. Easy to digest, this is meant to be an easy meal to line the stomach after a day of fasting for the Malays.

However, I guess I was too eager and although it was nice, perhaps I hyped myself up too much and it tasted... just okay. I wouldn't mind having it again but I certainly got over my craziness in wanting to try it so much.

Okay, I can move on now.

No comments: