Saturday, October 21, 2006

Shopping Bug

I don't know what's gotten into me but I've had the shopping bug for ages! I want to buy a new top for work, a new pair of shoes to match all my skirts, a pair of white trousers (my colleague convinced me it's a staple in any girls wardrobe and that I should NOT associate it with emphasizing my thunder thighs and fishball butt).

Even though I have already been scouring some malls, I come away empty handed and determined to launch myself on the next mall. But what I've successfully purchased was not on my shopping list. I bought myself some bras.

I am not shy to admit my bloodline produces pear shaped women and cup A has always been my size. Let me tell you what size I bought this week, cup C. Yeah. Width was tighter by 2 inches and the more comfortable size was a B with the correct width BUT STILL! I proudly whispered to my colleague the next day, "I can wear a C!"

Some years back, I suspect bra manufacturers cottoned on to the fact that not many girls like to categorise their bits as a size A cup. God forbid, it is like a guy going to the drugstore, "May I have a pack of condoms, Small size please?". You CAN'T find a small sized condom, it goes by Large, XLarge and XXLarge (wow, the things one learns at Marketing classes!).

Either that or my fats have finally reached where I have always longed for it to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing with white pants is to make sure that you buy something with a really clean line, prefably with no pockets. If you find the pockets are showing, I recommend you cut them out and sew that down so that the pockets are just a design detail. Oh and most important, wear a skin coloured thong. Everyone wears white underwear and they don't realize that that makes it even more obvious...

jo said...

hey! thanks for the tip! i just went shopping today and was trying on some.

haha... jan actually wore a bright blue undie with her white pants out for shopping once and wondered why everyone kept looking at her bum.