Sunday, October 29, 2006

Cuppies!

After raving about the cupcakes from this Singaporean blogger, I finally decided to give cupcakes a try. Although my Mum loves baking, she never made cupcakes for us to decorate so since Jan was staying overnight, I thought it would be a great time for us to get our creative juices going.

Unfortunately, the chocolate cake recipe was a little, er, explosive. It was a total mess as it volcanoed over the cups and the bits looked like sai (shit). Never mind, I continued to do the icing. Sidetracking for a bit, the icing recipe I followed was total crap! 1.5 tablespoons of melted butter with 1.5 cups of icing sugar. I'd like to know what spoons this people expect us to use. I had to throw in almost quarter block of butter and loads of water just to bind the sugar! Dang, this is the second recipe that has done this to me!

Anyways, here is the result of our efforts:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'll describe a few to you. Jan did the demented snowman, the ones with the stars, demented 3D snail and fish (I added the starry sai for the fish). Guess which one I did entitled "Janet Jackson's Wardrobe Malfunction"? KS contributed the spiral one and then went upstairs to surf the net. Men!

Actually, the snail is quite a nice one since it's the only 3D one.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It looks gross but when I had one this morning, it tasted quite good actually.

Oh well, we had fun. Just that next time, I'll change the amount of batter and maybe use my butter cake recipe for this. And I'll need another icing recipe.

No comments: