Thursday, October 26, 2006

Crunching Bones

When we got back from Melaka late last night, Dat Fella failed to come running to greet us. Then, as I was surfing the net upstairs, KS called me to quickly come down to check if it really was Dat Fella who was crouching at a corner near our potted plant. She seemed busy, ignoring KS' calls to come rub herself on his foot as per her normal routine.

She seemed to be chewing on something and by the time I spotted the rat's tail, there was a sickening crunch as her jaws crushed the bones. As swiftly as I had come downstairs, I ran upstairs, not wanting to hear more.

This morning, all that's left is a slight blood stain on the cement floor. Ew... But I'm glad she's a good mouser. Jay always vomited the half eaten rodent at the doorstep and I had to clean up before I left for work.

No comments: