Sunday, October 01, 2006

Step One

Last week or so, I chatted with my friend jo-bloggs a few days before she gave birth to her first child. Congrats, gal! Can't wait to see little Eliza! Her sms merely mentioned of a sore bottom when I would imagine mine will be filled with profanities from the pain experienced from giving birth!

However, I have finally come to the decision that being pregnant and giving birth ain't so bad after all. Many friends tell me epidural is God's mercy to women for the sins of Eve. Of course, the relief is different from one person to another and also depends whether you have a natural birth or caesarean.

Anyway, as I was revealing this to KS, he was delighted that I have taken at least one positive step toward inevitable motherhood. I did stop him short that I am NOT ready to be cleaning poo and changing nappies or taking care of a baby every single night for 2 years. That would be Step Two and hopefully I will overcome that in 2 years time "before my biological clock stops ticking", according to an aunt.

So then I casually asked KS how many kids he would like to have. He threw me a side glance and said, "Two?".

"YOU TRY TO GIVE BIRTH YOURSELF AND TAKE CARE OF TWO KIDS AT ONCE AND SEE IF YOU LIKE TWO KIDS OR NOT!!"

Oh well, at least there's an improvement. I'm just glad he didn't say more as our new car can fit 7.

4 comments:

Grace said...

leave your child with me lah! Hahaha, I promise not to abuse him or her. Just take her/him home before the terrible twos! Serious offer!

Grace said...

So when get pregnant ah? You can bring the baby to Singapore you know! I will help you to take care!

Grace said...

James and Cameron would LOVE to have a cousin! Better you give birth than me!

jo said...

okaaaay.... now you're freaking me out.