Sunday, October 15, 2006

Weekend at PD

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My uni mates spent the weekend at Port Dickson and competed for these cups at the Go Kart there. My friend Z came up with the idea and tie the title of the Championship to our uni name, Waikato, and paint the cups. Alas, he was called to do some last minute work over the weekend so he couldn't join us.

Here are some photos of me and Andrew racing for the Runner Up Cup. I admit I used dirty tactics to get ahead of him, but I did so want the cup! Andrew unsuspectingly relaxed at the start of the race and within the first 5 seconds, I overtook him and never allowed him the chance to overtake me. =)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After the race, I and a few others, took a short trail on horseback. It took us to the beach but unfortunately, what spoilt it was that they had handlers holding on to the horse the entire time. Still, it was good to sit on a horse again after 6 years.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This place that we had all these activities was at Eagle Ranch. Great prices, only RM10 for 4 laps on the Go Kart, RM25 for the Horse Riding (short trail), RM10 for 15 arrows for archery, RM60 for 50 paint bullets for paint balling, amongst other facilities. Highly recommended for a place of weekend fun!

We stayed at Corus Hotel which had rooms facing the sea. This is what the view outside my window looked like:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Had a great time and had fun catching up with each other. One thing we learned from this trip is that, if you want to travel to any beaches in Malaysia, do it during fasting month. The beaches were EMPTY! It was simply splendid to walk around without tripping over running kids.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

*Pictures are slightly blur due to the haze

2 comments:

Grace said...

Wahlau! Look at the bloody haze! We have to put up with that crap here too!

Grace said...

I also can't believe that the beach is CLEAN!