Monday, May 09, 2005

Another lovely Sunday

"This is the first time I have tasted your cooking!" Janice exclaimed over dinner. I gave her a what-rubbish-are-you-talking-about glare. Of course I have cooked before... the last time being er... then it hit me. Yup, I don't think I've really cooked for my family before and later on, my mum was called and informed of my successful tom yam baked chicken and I was ordered to cook the next time they come down to PJ.

It was a good meal ending a good day. We hung around home, tidied up the place, cooked instant noodles although we've consumed so much MSG during our NZ trip our heads are almost bald followed by a good movie of Bourne Supremacy and then we started cooking for dinner.

Eric came over and we had a good time catching up and using glasses that haven't seen daylight and partially consumed a bottle of shiraz which was starting to become vintage just quietly lying in the fridge.

As we prepared for bed, I just started to reflect on the day and decided I've landed myself a great husband. He did the laundry, cooked lunch, cooked 2 dishes out of 4 for dinner, took the garbage out, weeded the garden, trimmed a dying tree just outside the house, cleared up his car... What a gem.

No comments: