Friday, May 27, 2005

Entwined

Over the last couple of months or so, KS has been lamenting about this witch he had to deal with in this bank. She would call him every 10 minutes or so to find out irrelevant information "to prepare herself in case the bosses ask her". This resulted in frayed nerves and a very short temper by the end of the day.

I listened sympathetically and had once talked to her on the phone when we were on our way to work as he was driving. Of course, she did sound like a total witch, insinuating that if she doesn't get that information, they would cut off the deal. Resigned, KS tried and tried to accomodate her.

Then as we went to NZ, his boss had to take his calls and she was frazzled with the witch's calls. His boss finally understood his moans and pains.

Today, on the way to work, KS gets me to call the witch to inform her of a postponed meeting. He whipped out her business card and I started calling but after a few rings and no answer, I chickened out and hung up. Toying with several suggestions of how to leave a message so she won't get mad, I decided to take a proper look at the card. The name jumped out and I gasped and exclaimed so loudly KS nearly swerved.

"What? WHAT?" he demanded.

"I KNOW her!"

"What do you mean?"

"She is from our church and she was my partner for one of the courses we took together!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yup, and I've been keeping in touch with her off and on"

"Oh God.... NOOO!!!!"

No comments: