Monday, May 09, 2005

Contrast

My email is subscribed to a yahoo group that links all my uni mates and today, I decide to clean up my yahoo mailbox. First there is an announcement of someone getting engaged and after reading emails after emails of congratulations, suddenly there's one email to say that one of our uni mates passed away in an accident last Saturday.

I'm a little stunned by both news. To be honest, I don't remember this girl, perhaps just remember her name faintly mentioned here and there. It is sad to see someone at 27 have her life end in such a tragic way.

As for the engagement, it's a little quick for this guy but hey, it's his life. What gets to me about it is that he easily shares about his engagement to everyone in the uni while I quietly get married without announcing it to any of them. It makes me wonder why I don't share the same openess with my uni mates and I realise perhaps we all run on different circuits and it's difficult for me to openly say what's going on in my life to these people whom I hear of but hardly interact with.

Realisation will hit me soon enough to say that I am who I am. Bear with me...

No comments: