Saturday, May 14, 2005

NZ pictures

Here are more photos from my NZ trip.

The entrance to my faculty Management Studies, Waikato Uni.

Enjoying a short break along the Waikato River with Kenneth, who hosted us in Auckland and brought us to Hamilton. NZ was where I learned that ducks can really fly great heights and distances. Malaysian ducks can't.

Single scoop in my right and double scoop in my left. Yummy Tip Top ice cream! And so cheap! Who cares if it was freezing cold then? This is a ritual stopover for travellers between Auckland and Hamilton.

KFC burgers are HUGE in NZ! This is my fav, Tower Burger.

The busy street of Oamaru (where we spent a night) on a weekday at 10am. Oamaru is famous for the penguin landings. Used to be a thriving town but now...

Larnach Castle, Dunedin (pronounced Duh-nee-den (as in "then"), not Doo-neh-din), the only castle in NZ. Very tragic history.

Blue Pools. We would have missed them if we didn't meet an American lady who pointed it out on the map to us. Gorgeous, crystal clear blue pools. I'd have dived in if it weren't so cold then!

Sunset facing Australia

Stuart Landsborough's Puzzling World, Wanaka

Part of the Puzzling World. Both guys on left and right are of same height. This optical illusion was used in Lord of the Rings to differentiate the hobbits from the rest.

Tired even before climbing the glacier behind. Franz Josef Glacier. KS wanted to give up even before touching the ice. Do this only if you have the energy.

My all time fav NZ cookie, Cookie Time. Bought so much at the Christchurch Headquarters that another customer stopped in his tracks, looked at the pile I was carrying and said, "They're THAT good, are they?" which made me put back one more pack onto the shelf in embarrassment.

THE Christchurch. Love the blue sky.

KS's version of taking me with Christchurch. Spot me.

A flower which looks like a ballerina

Flaming Tree. I love the colours of Autumn.

Our South Island travel route in 8 days

No comments: